Tuesday, July 9, 2013

MAC Candy Yum Yum Dupe(S)

Mac Candy Yum Yum
Think BRIGHT and NEON Pink. Mac's infamous Candy Yum Yum  is on the top of my list.  Ever since Mac came out with their Quite Cute Collection last Spring of April 2011, I couldn't stop admiring  how gorgeous CYY is.  Unluckily when it was launched here in the Philippines that time, I  wasn't able to grab at least one CYY ( as I was thinking of hoarding at least 3 tubes of this since it will be available only for a limited time).  It was my first time to really feel bad not having Mac's ultimate Pink lippie ever launched. Been crazily searching online especially on ebay.  I was close to buying a $70 worth of CYY from an online seller.  But then, I had to stop myself from being that impulsive, obsessed junkie I am.


Can you tell which lippie from the other?????



Browsing through the net, was able to read a lot of reviews that helped me find the closest dupe. So glad that  some of them are already in my stash :).  I didn't mind finding every single dupe for me to satisfy my craving for CYY.  And TADA! I've searched everywhere to find Barry M  Shocking Pink which was claimed CLOSEST dupe .  Thanks to makeuphub ! (that's their new site now - used to sell Barry M) and another was given to me by OLGA (nephew's girlfriend).  I was so thrilled to have all the dupes BUT still distressed that I don't have the REAL thing :(  And so, this was the start of a fun journey in finding all possible twinette for CYY.  (this meant trying out all pink lippies from local to international brands ----SHOPPING !!!!)




With Flash
L-R:  Stila  longwear lip color in Exhilarating,  Maybelline Fuchsia Fever, Milani in Rosehip, Barry M  52 Shocking Pink,
Wet & Wild 511B Nouveau Pink, Lime Crime Countessa Flourescent,  NYX Matte lipstick in Shocking Pink,
Nyx Black Label in Hot Pink and Model's Own Hot Pink




Natural light



Can you tell how seriously obsessed I was??? They may all look similar in shade but they differ from texture and finish.  Some are matte and long wearing, some are opaque and others are sheer and glossy.  I love them to bits.  True to what other beauty junkies claimed --- Barry M is the closest dupe because the have both matte finish, opaque and long wearing.  CYY only differs in a bit for it's NEON factor. Barry M appears a bit darker than CYY and bit drying on the lips. Lime Crime for me is also a nice dupe:)


This post is way past OVER DUE!  It was my intent to post this last year before I had the real Holy Grail of Hot Pink lippie  Mac CANDY YUM YUM.  These babies were all I have but surprisingly it was again launched last year around August 2012 for the Mac's BY REQUEST ( online voting on which one to  be relaunched of who gets the highest votes.)  See my separate review on CYY.



Does anyone have other dupes that I haven't tried?  Please share it lovelies, can't wait to grab them too and add it on to my stash.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment