Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012 FOTD


I went for Classic Red Lips look for this year's Mother's day!  I don't know but I felt that wearing this look for this special day made me feel extra special.  I simply adore how red lips could instantly transform one's look from ordinary to glam gorgeous.  However, I don't normally wear this look  because I might look too made up for those simply ordinary days.







Lovelies, if going for this classic look, it is important to keep the rest of the face neutral .  You wouldn't want to look clownish if it will be paired with either super dark eye shadow or  with super bright cheeky blush.    However, a good smokey eyes could also be paired with red lips but it is best worn night time.  Perfectly lined brows and lined eyes is the way to go.  For this look, I used neutral eye shadow just lightly enough to contour my eyes.  For my blush, I used a warm red powder blush  --- just to add warmth and balanced look to my fair skin.  (used Mac blush in Scarlet).  I used a very light hand on the blush to avoid the clownish look.  Prior to the blush, I first contoured my cheeks with a matte bronzer.  Then added highlighter on top of my cheekbones to add some sheen.  Wanted to add a touch of dewy -ness to the finished look.  For the lips, I used NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam.  Loved how it smoothly glided on my lips. It was matte but did not dried up my lips....



Products used:
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam and Mac blush in Scarlet


I really love this look, just thought of sharing it :)  
Happy Mom's day to all lovelies :)











No comments:

Post a Comment