Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Benefit Dr. Feelgood


BENEFIT SAYS:

dr. feelgood

" This invisible refiner, blended with Vitamin C helps to smooth away the appearance of fine lines while leaving skin feeling and looking silky, flawless and matte to touch. It's a colorless, weightless miracle worker."


"How to use: Pat and smooth over make up with its accompanying sponge. Or, simply wear it alone "


From the time I got hooked with Benefit Cosmetics, this was one of the haul that I got and tested. I was so excited and pretty much hopeful that this was available locally so I could test it first before buying it. Since it was not possible to try, I relied on reviews . So far, I've read equally good and not so bad review.


I've had this for awhile and I feel that even if I don't have this in my beauty stash, I would not have missed much. From what it claims, it is a beauty balm that keeps the skin matte and prep skin to be flawlessly smooth. It really did made my skin more refined and kept oiliness at bay. HOWEVER, it somehow confuses me at first if I should use it as a primer or over make up.

When I tried it to over make up, I was disappointed. It streaked and erased my make-up. I could see through my skin. I just pat it on as it instructed but ended messing up my make up. When I wore it alone, it SOMEHOW made my skin matte and silky but fine lines and enlarged pores didn't show big difference. Finally, I tried it as a make up base for my liquid foundation. It didn't succeed either. I had a hard time blending my foundation because the waxy, powdery finish of dr. feelgood did not mix well. What a waste of money, I thought.

Good thing that I tried it with powder foundation and mineral foundation. It worked really well with them and had an oil free skin for a day. That's when I finally got a use for Benefit dr. feelgood. It is also very useful when I'm too lazy to put on make up. I wear this alone with my powder blush, mascara and lip stain.



V E R D I C T:
I have tried other face primer that works better with any foundation. I don't think I would repurchase since it is 24g. Since it did not fulfill as what it is for --- a mattifier over make up (for me), I could forget that I had this.



PS.

This may have worked for others, what I write and say here only relies on my personal experience of this product. Or, maybe, I'm using it the wrong way that's why i don't get expected results. Another is since I live in a tropical country, that may have an effect on dr. feelgood balm. Please let me know what you've experienced.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I'm from Portugal.
    Here the price of Benefits products are expensive but we make and effort to buy the stuff...
    I have Dr.feelgood and my skin is oily, and here now is winter, and until now i like the produt, especially because it fixes the oil in my skin

    ReplyDelete