Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Cheap Thrill: Shawill Blushers

One of my favorite past time or rather ME TIME is to go on make up window shopping.  I'm like in a candy store whenever I'm in the beauty section of a department store.  I never get tired of looking around on what to buy next.  Since I already have a vast collection of make up, I sometimes feel bad going home empty handed because I couldn't find anything to buy anymore.  I have this incurable disease that I have to at least buy something when I go out. The first thing that always catches my eye on trying out other brands are their blushers.  Always in the lookout of nice colored blushes.  



  Left:  Shawill Collagen Rosy Touch Blusher in 003; P163 (Mauve)
 Right:  Shawill  Fascinating Radiance Blusher in 05 ; P138 (Pinky Peach)
 
SHAWILL is a local brand.  They have a wide selection of blushers. When I asked the SA where it is made from, she just said  "raw materials are from ITALY". (meaning made from China).  What the heck, I still grabbed 2 of their blushers. Lately, been reading alot of blogs and product reviews on local makeup brands. Since I'm addicted to make up (regardless of the brand ---as long as it is worth trying out, I give it a go). And according to beauty gurus and beauty bloggers, Shawill blushers have good pigmentation. 



Aren't they pretty?!
Nice mauvey and pinky peach blush...
  Left:  Shawill Collagen Rosy Touch Blusher in 003 ; P163 (Mauve)
 Right:  Shawill  Fascinating Radiance Blusher in 05; P138 (Pinky Peach)


 Packaging:  




Expiry date indicated on the side of the box



SWATCH:


Left: Shawill  Fascinating Radiance Blusher in 05 (Pinky peach)
Right: Shawill Collagen Rosy Touch Blusher in 003 (Mauve)    

MY VERDICT:

Pros:
-  affordable
- good pigmentation
- variety of shades to choose from
- texture of Collagen Rosy Touch Blusher  -  smooth, silky and blends well
- no breakout

Cons: 
- texture of Fascinating Radiance blusher is powdery 
( TIP: DO NOT swirl the brush on the powder BUT a lightly handed TAP motion would do the trick)
- has a tendency of fall outs during application
- made in CHINA ( for *some this is a big NO NO) 


When trying out new products, I have learned to research on product reviews so as I wouldn't waste money on stuff that I may already have and may spend on make up that may be too expensive and not perform well. I recommend Shawill blushers. For those in a budget, this one is a GO! I can't wait to try their beige blushers. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment