Friday, October 28, 2011

FOTD: Smokey Green Eyes

Finally, I'm able to come up with my first ever FOTD (face of the day). I've been wanting to do different looks that I could share with my lovelies. The different looks that I would do are looks that could somehow inspire lovelies to try out. Somehow to give an idea that these looks may not seem wearable but actually ARE wearable.

Since this would be my first FOTD, I'm still trying to work out on how this would be informative as possible . So please bear with me. I would definitely improve on it as I do more of how to get the look part.


With Flash





Without Flash (green is not too bold)





How to look good in Green Eyes:



1. Apply foundation ( Mac Studio Fix NC30)

2. Apply eye shadow primer (Etude Proof 10 Eye Primer) - This would make eye shadow look brighter and will help prevent creasing.

3. Apply concealer on the under eye and areas that needs more coverage ( Etude Surprise Essence Concealer #2). Liquid concealer is best used on the under eye since it is easier to work

with. Blendable and lightweight. But for those with darker under eye concerns, a creamier concealer is needed.

4. Set concealer with loose powder (Skin Alison Raffaele Transparent Finish)

5. Line and fill in the eye brows ( Shu Uemura brow pencil and Mac Girl Boy Brow Set)

6. EYE Shadow:


  • Apply NYX Jumbo Pencil in Horse Raddish all over the lid as a baseb
  • Apply a light matte yellow green shadow over NYX Horse Raddish
  • Apply a mid tone green show on the outer V of the eye blending towards the crease
  • Apply a darker green shadow concentrating on the outer corner only and added a little brown to further contour the eye
  • Apply same dark green shadow on the lower outer corner lash line
  • Blending the outer color a little bit outward
  • Apply a shimmery yellow shadow on the inner third of the lid
  • Apply Mac Fluidline to line the eyes. In my case I always have a thicker line on the outer corner of my eye to create the illusion of lifted eye. ---I used gel liner to be subtle but using a liquid liner will give a bolder look :)
  • Curl Lashes and apply Maybelline Cat Eyes Hypercurl Mascara
  • Apply Falsies
7. Contour and highlight cheeks with Stila Contouring Trio

8. Apply blush on the apple of the cheeks (Mac Pink Swoon)

9. Finish off the look with a neural shade of lipstick (Mac Syrup)



PRODUCTS USED:

FACE:
Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation, Skin Alison Raffaele
Transparent Finish, EtudeHouse Surprise Essence Concealer



CHEEKS AND LIPS:
Stila Contouring Trio, Mac blush in Pink Swoon, Mac lipstick in Syrup


EYES:
Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer, NYX Jumbo eye Pencil in Horse Raddish,
Mac Girl Boy Brow Set, Shu Uemura eyebrow pencil.
Not in the pic: Maybelline Cat Eyes Hypercurl Mascara


88 Matte Coastal Scents Eyeshadow Palette



Helpful Tip:

When creating a look, it is important to know what part of the face that you want to highlight. You can not have two bold looking parts of the face. Like with this look, since I already have my eyes the center of attention, I left everything else subtle and natural. This way it won't be confusing and would not compete with each other. The look would rather look balanced.


A nice balanced Night time look. A WEARABLE Green Smokey Eyes ;)

So lovelies out there, why not try this out? Don't be scared of trying bright and bold colors. You'd be surprised with how colors could change your looks for different occasions. Play with colors. It is fun!!!! It's just a matter of blending. Tell me what you think....




No comments:

Post a Comment