Monday, September 5, 2011

Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer


When I started with my make up addiction, I never really gave attention to eye primers. I've always thought that a good concealer application and setting it properly with powder on the eye area is enough to make eye shadow adhere well. It worked fine though as a great base. However, with regards to color pay off and long wear aspect, it made me think otherwise. I realized that having eye primer applied before eye shadow helped my eyelids control oil build up and crease free. My eye shadow colors also showed up more vibrant.





One of the eye primer I've tried is the Etude Proof 10 Eye Primer (P298/10g). I wanted to give it a try because I'm really disappointed with Urban Decay Primer Potion or UDPP. Don't get me wrong, it was the best eye primer I've ever tried. It's just that I'm allergic to it. Sometimes, I still use it anyway and deal with the allergic reaction after.






Thank God, I saw this lovely eye primer from Etude and tried it from the store. It was comparable to UDPP for it's color and texture. The Proof 10 Eye Primer was creamier and when it dries up, it was not totally matte. It claims to withstand eye make up for 24 hours. I haven't used it that long but I say it was pretty awesome that my eye shadow stayed put. There was no creasing, considering that I have really oil eye lids. It performed really well. Actually I was really impressed. It didn't cost me a fortune to fine a dupe for my UDPP. It was worth it. What is really really great?! No allergic reaction.




I would be happy to recommend this for lovelies out there who could not get hold of the Urban Decay Primer Potion. It may not be the exact dupe for UDPP but it impressingly works really well. Having an eye primer would save you from touching up shadows. Especially with the humid weather we have here in the Philippines, a good and reliable eye primer , Etude Proof 10 Eye Primer that is, should be a magic staple product in your vanity kits.



PROS:

  • very cheap and affordable ( hard to pass on)
  • long wearing
  • blendable
  • a good eye shadow base
CONS:
  • packaging - cannot get all the product when it's almost 50% empty unless to cut open the bottle

P.S.

Try it and tell me what you think..... Or if you've tried other eye primer and love it as well.


3 comments:

  1. great review, the swatch you showed with the eye primer was very vibrant! :) how much is UDPP? too bad you got skin allergy from it :( I like to first try E.l.f.'s eye primer, though im still researching about it good reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO! I been trying to find some reviews for this! I didn't know Eyelid Primer matter that much! It made the eyeshadow so bright and vibrant! Thanks for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fairywater79, thanks for reading. I myself just realized that eye primer makes a big difference in your make up routine. Saves you from frequent touch ups. :)

    ReplyDelete