Friday, August 26, 2011

Cream Blush



I've been always a huge fan of cream based blushes. This includes cream, cream to powder and mousse type. Don't get me wrong, I do hate the sticky feeling when these creamy textured make up are applied on to my face. B U T, I just could not give up the fact that these looks more natural, easier to blend and mostly gives me the look of glow from within. It does not give the hard, stiff, unnatural look. Anyways, there are more reasons why YOU should get hold of these lovelies.


These are some of my cream based blushers:




Since they are cream based, there's a tendency that it might not be long wearing. Especially if used in tropical countries (like here in the Philippines) where make up tend to melt fast. But then, I have exciting reasons why you should at least own one of these gorgeous creamy blushers.


Reason 1: Natural Glow

It looks natural and gives a perfect "glow from within" look. No need to stick to natural, nude boring shades of blush. You could experiment on bright shades like hot pink and red cheeks. Because cream blushers leave a very nice sheen and wash of color. Color tends to melt into skin. Just have to blend, blend, blend with your fingertips or in my case I use stippling brush. Unlike powder blushes, color tend to sit on top of the foundation and looks clownish (esp. if not blended well) .


Reason no.2: Multi Tasking

Usually these blushes could also be used as lip color. That's why I love the Stila Convertible Color P845. ---(cheaper than $24 ) It may be a bit drying on the lips but I put lip balm first to moisturize my lips before I dab it on. I'm loving it more because I could use these creamy blush as a base for my powder blushes. It would now give me long wearing blush that would last he whole day. And my blush could either look brighter or more prominent.



Reason no. 3: Custom color

I could create numerous shades to be more cheeky. There's is really no rule that whatever the color of the cream blush, powder blush should be exactly the same. I love combining apricot shade of cream blush and top it off with bright pinky powder blush. Now, you can create different looks.


Reason no. 4: EASY to USE

Don't think so??? I know some might disagree but powder blushes are more hard to use especially if one could not blend. The reason might be is that the most common texture of blushes sold in the market are powder blushes. If you notice, there would be some girls wearing red, pinky stripes on their cheeks. Tsk, tsk, that is because of poor blending. Unlike with cream blushes, a little pat and blending gives the right amount of color and is buildable. Finish is very sheer. Both make up junkies and newbies shares the same benefit for saving time in prepping.


Bonus:
You can still look your best even on outdoor sports and when hitting the beach ;)


Cons:
  • Cannot wear it with heavy powder foundation
  • if you have super dooper oily skin
  • very sheer, not for those who wants full make-up
  • sometimes could stain fingers
  • NOT long wearing unless is set by powder or powder blush
  • cream based make up are prone to dust (tip: to clean upper layer, use a clean sponge to swipe on the top layer LIGHTLY to avoid getting too much product)



Tools needed:

I say that your fingers works as well as brushes. It gives warmth to the product before it is applied. But then, for hygienic purposes , i opted for using brushes so it is evenly blended on my face and that natural oil from my hands won't have to add to the blush. Because with fingers, it depends on how the movement of it. Sometimes, streaking is resulted.





I prefer using a stippling brush and a foundation brush. These kind of brushes are synthetic and it really works well with any cream based make-up. I usually use foundation brush to apply color and use stippling brush to blend. But then either or can be perfectly used in putting cream blushes. Setting of loose powder would be optional if you want to mattify. But for me, i skip it sometimes if i want to achieve dewy fresh look.


Verdict:

It would be a staple in my stash, as it has ever been. Expecially for days that I would want to look simple yet fresh. There's no way I'll give it up. Actually, I'm in search for other brands that has more brighter colors. PLEASE, PLEASE do share it with me. Would love to hear from you. So I'll have a reason to add it on my collection and maybe added to my FAVES. :)


P.S.
I will review each brand of cream blushes that I tried... SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment